Steve is currently the National Director of Interserve England & Wales. Steve and the Interserve team are able to offer the following events and services to churches in the UK.
- Being good news to Muslim neighbours. This helps people to balance spoken “truth” with an attitude of “grace”, so we can be good news as well as telling it.
- Islamic Awareness. This shows what Islam teaches and compares it with what different groups of Muslims believe and how their presence is both enriching and challenging Britain.
- Hindu & Sikh Awareness. This shows what Hinduism and Sikhism teach and compares it with what different Hindus and Sikhs believe and how their presence is both enriching and challenging Britain.
- Friendship First Day Seminar – An introduction to the course. This is an insight into Jesus’ relational approach to people (especially immigrants). It sets the scene for the Friendship First DVD Course and helps groups to run it.
- One-off mission events. Our speaking team includes people serving overseas or in the UK, who are qualified and quality communicators. They are able to bring a global perspective to a mission weekend or event.
- Mission Weekends. Our speaking team includes people serving overseas or in the UK, who are qualified and quality communicators. They are able to bring a global perspective to a mission weekend or event.
- Church weekends away. Our speaking team includes people who have cross-cultural experience and are qualified and experienced in speaking from the Scriptures. They are available to speak at church events.
- Help to create a world mission policy. Many churches struggle to devise a balanced and biblical policy about who they support, why and how. We bring experiences gained over many years of mission strategy in order to contribute sound advice in this task.
- Help to create a local mission strategy. In a multi-cultural society with complex social trends, many churches struggle to relate to the hidden needs of their area and are unsure how to respond. Our years of experience in mission strategy enables us to contribute sound advice in this task.
- Help to nurture believers from other faith backgrounds. More than ever before, people are changing allegiance from a variety of religious traditions to follow Jesus Christ. We can offer support in how to engage in the nurture of such believers, as well as connecting you to helpful resources.
Note: There are modest costs associated with our consultancy; please get in touch for more details. Our expense guidelines for providing speakers for events are given below.
Travel and Expenses – Guidelines
Due to the vastly differing expectations of churches about expenses, this information below is prepared to offer some guidance. The visit is about ministry before money so if you are a smaller fellowship, mission organisation or charity, please do not let finance stop a visit. Where needed, a travel expenses plus whatever ministry gift is affordable to you can be agreed.
UK Travel By Car
Where display materials and literature needs to be transported, travel by car is the norm. Reimbursement is “mileage” as opposed to “petrol money”. Mileage covers both fuel and general running cost of a vehicle. The suggested mileage rate is 40p per mile. We can advise you of the total mileage in advance if needed.
UK Travel By Public Transport
If public transport is used to get to you, it would be at the most economic rate by early booking for off-peak times. A receipt would be supplied to you.
UK Session Fees
A fee of £75 per session is suggested, plus mileage.
A Sunday morning and evening constitutes two sessions @ £50 per session, plus mileage.
An all-day seminar constitutes three sessions @ £50 per session, plus mileage.
For a Day Seminar of x3 sessions plus a Sunday morning, £200 is suggested plus mileage.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and assistance to help maintain realistic coverage of the cost involved in an itinerant ministry.